How to start Anima Tactics
After trial and error, I discovered a cool way to start off Anima Tactics if you’re on a shoestring budget.
- Read these two websites: http://atoracle.wikidot.com and http://cipher-studios.com/AnimaBB . The Cypher studio stores can help with the Advantage card images as well.
- Buy models in somewhat 100 pt pairs. Plan your purchases by buying in 100pt brackets so you can start playing according to the rulebook levels right away. e.g: Lvl 45 + 55, Lvl 50 + 50, Lvl 40 + 60, etc. This makes squad building easy and without headache.
- Start painting right away. The model counts are low, so If you can start on them as fast as you can, you’ll get more satisfaction out of them when deploying on the table as fast as you can as well.
- When in doubt, proxy. Print stuff, make 30mm cutouts, try out new models that you’re interested in.
- Stop at 300 points. You don’t need to go any farther than this. Most people stop at Gamma level anyway. If you get bored, you can repeat from step 2 onwards for another cycle :p
- Organization bonuses are your friend. Just saying 😉